There-Liminal Network Final Blog

placeholder://

The final test was a success!

Everything went smoothly but I made 2 changes in the final play test.

I made the light source for the photosensors candles instead of lamps which have a more focused light emanation and add to the overall sensory experience.

I tested 4 waterproof speakers and none of them sounded good enough so I’m using speakers outside the box. Visually I couldn’t make it look good with the speaker submerged this time around.

Schematic & Diagram:

Configuration & Construction:

I made a light theremin with arduino, 2 photosensors and a switch. The analog readings of the sensors were serially communicated to P5.JS via p5 serial port app. I loaded whale sounds and video into p5 along with pitch & delay effects and red, green, blue color channels to overlay on the video. All of these components are controlled by the photosensors. Pitch on one side, delay on the other, red on the right, green on the left and blue on both.

The video was run through an overhead projector and I used Maptastic in p5 that allowed me to change the shape of the video so it fit squarely into the water basen.

The circuitry is all underneath in the white box. The 2 sensors are on the first bubbles on the right and left of the box.

The audio is running out to a blue tooth speaker.

I bought an acrylic box at Canal Plastics and lined the seams with a clear waterproof sealant to make sure it could hold water.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s